New Years at Mishima Taisha

I would like to start off by saying Happy New Year!!!  Last week I was fortunate enough to have the full week off so I made the bi-annual pilgrimage to Shizuoka to visit family and friends.  While I was there I made a visit to Mishima Taisha, a large Shinto shrine located in the heart of Mishima city, Shizuoka prefecture. Like a ton of other people, I made the visit during Hatsumōde, which is the first shrine visit of the Japanese new year. 










Honden of Mishima Taisha













Vendors preparing on New Years eve





The entrance to Mishima Taisha






preparing on New Years eve






 Honden of Mishima Taisha




















 This was on Jan 2nd, and still a lot of people waiting!






and waiting.....






and still waiting.....






























Time to eat after a long day of waiting!







Comments

Popular Posts